Make your own moisturizing aloe and peppermint shaving cream in the place of investing in expensive shaving products. The latter may either be unsuitable for your skin, difficult on your pocket and can also come with harmful chemicals and additives. The list of reasons against purchase of commercial shaving creams, therefore, grows in number.
Your homemade moisturizing aloe and peppermint shaving cream works as well as those you pick up from the shelves. They may not offer as much as lather as the commercial ones do but they are safe and effective.
How To Make Moisturizing Aloe And Peppermint Shaving Cream
Chemicals Used In Shaving Cream
Most brands of shaving products do not list all ingredients that are used in the making of their product. pH of a shaving cream is usually in the range of 5. This means shaving creams are more acidic than even acid rain. Certain ingredients by themselves do not pose a threat to health but they, in the due course of time can turn fatal.
For e.g. DEA is an ingredient used in many shaving creams but its causes no harm to your skin. But the time by which it is manufactured and used by you; it can react with other components in the shaving cream and become NDEA (nitrosodiethanolamine).
NDEA has been known to cause bladder and stomach cancer and other types of cancers including esophagus and liver cancers. Although, it is advised to check the label of the product before using it; it is always better to make your own product.
Ingredients For Moisturizing Aloe And Peppermint Shaving Cream
Distilled water – half cup
Coconut oil – one third cup
Borax powder – one teaspoon
Grated beeswax – one tablespoon
Liquid lanolin – one tablespoon
Almond oil – two tablespoons
Aloe vera gel – one third cup
Peppermint essential oil – 15 drops
(1) Take a small saucepan and transfer distilled water in it. Boil distilled water and stir in borax powder. Bring down the heat until the powder dissolves completely. This may take about four minutes.
(2) Take another saucepan. Mix almond oil, beeswax, coconut oil and liquid lanolin. Keep stirring under medium heat until beeswax disintegrates completely. Take utensil off the heat.
(3) Transfer contents of the second saucepan to the borax mixture. Do not stop the process of stirring. Continue to stir until the mixture reaches room temperature.
(4) Introduce peppermint essential oil using disposable stirrer or wooden spoon.
(5) Finally, bring in aloe vera gel. Use a wire whisk to stir contents until they combine together in a smooth consistency. Subsequently, pour cooled mixture in a plastic bottle that has a squeeze top. You can also transfer contents to a wide mouthed glass jar. Keep the bottle or jar in a dark and cool area between every use.
Just before using moisturizing aloe and peppermint shaving cream, wet shaving area with warm water. Take a blob of the shaving cream in your hand and apply on the area. Ensure there is no excess water remaining in the area intended for shaving. Shave as you would normally do.